Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/01 10:25:57 UTC

Re: JavaSpaces (Blitz?) and hadoop - comparison?

Tomi,

It's been a while since I looked at JavaSpaces, but from what I recall, it's really more of a technology/spec that enables persistence and messaging/communication between distributed java components, but it doesn't implement MapReduce nor the distributed FS like Hadoop does.

Otis