Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Anders Smestad <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/04 18:42:44 UTC

Wicket 1.5 shared image resource and modal windows.

Hi. I have a simple (test) page with an ajax link that displays a
modal window when clicked.

The modal window contains some text and an image-link. The image is
added to a link as

link.add(new Image("image", sharedResourceReference);

When displaying the modal window, everything displays correctly, but
firstly, there is a warning in the log that says:

WARN  - ResourceReferenceRegistry  - Resource reference not added to
registry. reference.canBeRegistered() == false

Then, not every time, but often, the stacktrace included at the bottom
of this message appears in the log when using Internet Explorer. Using
the network inspector tool (F12) in internet explorer shows that the
image is first requested once, then the request is aborted (result:
"(Aborted)"), then the same image is requested another time, this time
it receives a 200 and the image is downloaded.

None of these problems materialize when using other browsers than
internet explorer.

The image is a symbol for a link, and is a static image that will not
change between redeployments of the application.

What is the proper way to use such images. I have tried different approaches,
* Using the <wicket:link> in markup
* Using PackageResourceReference from java code
* Using SharedResourceReference as described above
* Registring the Image to the
Application.get().getSharedResources().add("name", ...); and
dereferencing it using new SharedResourceReference("name"), then
adding it to the link.

It seems that either the image link gets rendered with the
-ts000000.ext (timestamp) extension, or the ?wicket:antiCache is
appended, both seems unnecessary since it is a static image which
could very well be cached on the browser.

The SharedResourceReference seems like it would be the right class to
use, but when adding the image to the page, the .canBeRegistered() ==
false is displayed.

So finally, this is the question: What is the correct way to include
static images, css and javascript resources in wicket, it seems there
are multiple ways to do this, but none seems to do what I want. I also
the resources to be contained with the component it is used with.

Thanks in advance!

Stacktrace from log when using Internet Explorer.

ERROR - DefaultExceptionMapper     - Connection lost, give up responding.
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.ResponseIOException:
org.mortbay.jetty.EofException
	at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.ServletWebResponse.write(ServletWebResponse.java:120)
	at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.HeaderBufferingWebResponse.write(HeaderBufferingWebResponse.java:168)
	at org.apache.wicket.request.resource.PackageResource$1.writeData(PackageResource.java:239)
	at org.apache.wicket.request.resource.AbstractResource.respond(AbstractResource.java:448)
	at org.apache.wicket.request.handler.resource.ResourceRequestHandler.respond(ResourceRequestHandler.java:77)
	at org.apache.wicket.request.handler.resource.ResourceReferenceRequestHandler.respond(ResourceReferenceRequestHandler.java:92)
	at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle$HandlerExecutor.respond(RequestCycle.java:717)
	at org.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.execute(RequestHandlerStack.java:63)
	at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequest(RequestCycle.java:212)
	at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:253)
	at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:160)
	at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1112)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:363)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.ConstraintsSecurityHandler.handle(ConstraintsSecurityHandler.java:220)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:822)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:305)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:229)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:113)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:550)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:876)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:535)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:407)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:421)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Caused by: org.mortbay.jetty.EofException
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpGenerator.flush(HttpGenerator.java:787)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.flush(AbstractGenerator.java:567)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$Output.flush(HttpConnection.java:958)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.write(AbstractGenerator.java:647)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.write(AbstractGenerator.java:588)
	at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.ServletWebResponse.write(ServletWebResponse.java:116)
	... 28 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted
by the software in your host machine
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write0(Native Method)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write(SocketDispatcher.java:33)
	at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.writeFromNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:72)
	at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(IOUtil.java:28)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelImpl.java:334)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.ChannelEndPoint.flush(ChannelEndPoint.java:169)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.flush(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpGenerator.flush(HttpGenerator.java:721)
	... 33 more

Re: Wicket 1.5 shared image resource and modal windows.

Posted by Anders Smestad <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

I'll try those options.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.