Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Neil Bliss <ne...@neilbliss.com> on 2010/05/05 19:07:32 UTC

re: HADOOP-6704 - patch for 0.20 branch?

Hey folks,

Now that I (finally) have crafted a +1'd patch for HADOOP-6704, I'd like to
do the same thing for the 0.20 branch.  Should I do this in the same Jira
ticket or file another ticket specifically for this?

Thanks for the help, and sorry about all the spam from HADOOP-6704.

- Neil

Re: HADOOP-6704 - patch for 0.20 branch?

Posted by Jay Booth <ja...@gmail.com>.
I think that new functionality patches are generally not committed to past
releases -- if you want to share the patch, you can just attach it to the
original JIRA as 6704-branch20.patch or something similar.