Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Raphael Fuchs <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/29 22:09:34 UTC

Duplicate Messages

Hello,

I am new to Qpid, starting to work on an extensive projects code base.

I am trying to find the spot in the documentation where guarantees of the
messaging system are discussed. For example: in case of a network problem,
could it happen that the broker sends the same message twice?

There is some duplicate checking and I would like to confirm it is
necessary.

Thanks for your help!
Raphael

Re: Duplicate Messages

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.
Hi,
you can get more duplicated messages, depending on your client's capacity/prefetch. The higher capacity is, the more messages the broker can send to the client without getting acknowledgement to prior messages. I.e. the bigger message throughput you get (until some threshold). On the other side, higher capacity means more messages in-flight/in-doubt.

Every message that the broker is re-delivering should have message header redelivered:true.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Posted by Andreas Welchlin <an...@welchlin.de>.
Hi Steve,