Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Elena Semukhina <el...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/04 10:23:42 UTC

[j9][testing] some classlib unit tests fail

Hello, all,

AFAIK, "ant test" should give 100% pass rate on j9 but I have 5 failures
which seem to be dependent on environment.
I've uploaded the results at
http://harmonytest.org/testapp.do?method=showrun&id=9&perPage=100&page=1&name=&result=0&jira=0

There are also two JIRA issues detailing this:
HARMONY-1664<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1664> and
HARMONY-1674 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1664>

Can anyone help in analyzing the problem?

Elena

Re: [j9][testing] some classlib unit tests fail

Posted by Boris Kuznetsov <bo...@gmail.com>.
The tests mentioned in HARMONY-1674
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1674> depend on default
system policy file.
But if user policy file exists than, according to the spec, it is
added to system policy. It leads to the tests failures.

There are two options:
1.	Rewrite the tests.
2.	Use '-Djava.security.policy' to specify policy file and ignore all others:
-Djava.security.policy==${java.home}/lib/security/java.policy

I suggest the second one.
Comments?

--
Best regards,