Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org> on 2021/06/24 07:01:01 UTC

Release branches 0.68.0 created

Hi all,
thanks for you feedback on starting the next release process!
I've just created the release branches for the three repos we plan to
release soon at [1], [2], [3].

The release process and a manual on how to test a release candidate before
starting the vote with the embedded docker-compose file can be found at [4]
and the pre-release checklist is available at [5] (just mark what you have
tested and add any issues you've found).

In case we don't find any severe issues, we could start the vote within the
next week!

Dominik

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes/tree/rel/0.68.0
[2]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes-extensions/tree/rel/0.68.0
[3]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes-installer/tree/rel/0.68.0
[4]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Pre-Release-Steps
[5]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/0.68.0-Pre-Release-C
hecklist

Re: Release branches 0.68.0 created

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>.
Hi Dominik,

thanks for preparing the release.
I tested it on my machine and found a few minor bugs that I directly added as issues in Jira.

I also tried to document the different test cases as a starting point for our automated tests [1].
If any of you have more ideas for test flows, please add them.
I will use this description later for implementing the tests.
For the processor tests, I started to store the description directly in the Cypress directory [2].

Philipp

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Description+for+E2E+Tests <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Description+for+E2E+Tests>
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes/tree/STREAMPIPES-380/ui/cypress/fixtures/pipelineElement <https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes/tree/STREAMPIPES-380/ui/cypress/fixtures/pipelineElement>