Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org> on 2021/04/26 09:21:03 UTC

[DISCUSS] Drill Developer information

Hi devs

Currently we have good documentation for Drill developers in Drill source
<https://github.com/apache/drill/tree/master/docs/dev>
But to edit smth there we need to create Jira ticket, which can be overkill
for some minor edit. So we can place it in a better place.

What way do you prefer:
1. Apache Drill website
<http://drill.apache.org/docs/developer-information/>:
2. GitHub Wiki (currently it is not enabled for Drill, but the good example
is in Paul's Drill Wiki <https://github.com/paul-rogers/drill/wiki>)

* Both 1 and 2 better in editing (probably 2 slightly better here).
* Possibly 1 is better in searching (via Apache Drill website or Google),
but 2 probably is only
with GitHub search via Wiki pages.
* 2 is essential for devs

Thoughts?

Kind regards
Vitalii

Re: [DISCUSS] Drill Developer information

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
Hi,
  I supported the Wiki. then link to the wiki using a map documents (on dev branch).

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.