Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jan Bartel <ja...@coredevelopers.net> on 2003/12/23 22:33:30 UTC

[build] Maven repository for Geronimo?

I'd like to suggest that we set up our own Maven repository that we can
use when building Geronimo.

This is prompted by the fact that I've literally been waiting months for
the Tomcat 5 jars to be pushed up to the main Maven repository over on
Ibiblio, and I notice a few other people in the same boat. This is
hampering our progress, and I also think it isn't fair to put the load
on the Maven committers to copy up every other project's jars to Ibiblio
in a timely fashion.

Therefore, I suggest we create a Maven repository on one of the machines
at Apache to which all of the Geronimo committers have write access so
we can keep it up to date.

I volunteer to do this and consult with Apache people about an
appropriate machine.

Jan

Re: [build] Maven repository for Geronimo?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
I have been maintaining a mini repository in my apache home directory
which has just the snapshots that aren't already on ibiblio.  IIRC,
there a proposed project at apache to create a repository, but I think
we need an interim solution.  In the mean time I can either upload the
jars for you or I can give you access to the maven repository in my
home directory.

-dain

/*************************
  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network
  *************************/

Posted by David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
After what looks like months of inactivity [this might be an artifact
of jira reorganization] at the maven upload request jira, it looks like
some maven upload requests are being addressed in the last few days.
Since the maven guys have promised an automated upload system some time
in the future, I'd rather not break their concept of a single
repository by having an apache specific repository.

Meanwhile, can we continue to use Dain's home directory for our
asf-compliant jars not available on ibiblio?

thanks
david jencks