Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Rob Hoexter <rh...@casecentral.com> on 2004/11/15 23:17:48 UTC

trouble creating a local Map

Velociteers:

I am attempting the simple task of creating a Map variable, and am having
trouble with the syntax.  Using the pattern exactly as in the example in the
User Guide:

     #set ( $test.Map = {"argh" : "one", "blah" : "two"} )
                        ^

I get a lexical error cryptically labeled "(123)" on the first "{" character.
It appears that the syntax isn't recognized.  Does anybody know what it is
supposed to be?

Thanks,

     Rob Hoexter, UI Architect
     CaseCentral, Inc.

Re: trouble creating a local Map

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rob,

> I have looked for this, but the only versions I have found are the same
> versions we're using.  FYI, we are using Velocity and Struts for this project.
> Do you have a URL for downloading the version you mention? Not
> finding "CVSHEAD" referenced directly anywhere, I assumed it was referring to
> the latest version.
I don't recall nightly snapshots being archived.  Follow the instructions here:
  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html

After checking out Velocity, read the README document for instructions
to build it.

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

--
Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>

Re: trouble creating a local Map

Re: trouble creating a local Map

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
You need to use the CVSHEAD version of velocity to use map
 declarations.

Claude