Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Radovan Semancik <ra...@evolveum.com> on 2017/02/16 10:55:24 UTC

CredSSP support for HTTP client: testing

Hi,

I have developed CredSSP support for the HTTP client. While doing so I
have also significantly improved NTLM implementation in the HTTP client.
It is not better aligned with Microsoft specifications and it supports
more protocol options. I had to do it because CredSSP requires NTLM
support for GSS API wrapping/unwrapping. So I have implemented it. The
description, motivation and limitations are in the source code javadoc.
The source code is here:

https://github.com/Evolveum/httpclient/tree/credssp

Currently we are in the process of testing this implementation. I have
already tested few basic usecases and it seems to work. But more testing
is needed. And that's also the reason for writing this mail. I would
like to invite anyone who is interested in testing CredSSP and NTLM
implementations to participate in the testing.

I hope that I will be ready to issue a pull request in a couple of weeks.

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect