Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Charles Sprickman <sp...@fasttrackmonkey.com> on 2004/02/21 00:32:59 UTC

spamc: -H and -d options

Hello,

I'm in the process of trying to bring a few more spamd servers online.  My
initial plan is to just use DNS to roughly share the load between multiple
spamd servers.

Looking at the manpage, it looks like I need to use the "-d" option to
specify a host, and the "-H" option to rotate through them.  So far, that
is not working.

Here's a quick rundown:

root@miko[/home/spork]# host spamd
spamd.bway.net has address 216.220.112.2
spamd.bway.net has address 216.220.96.26

Two records are returned.

However if I run spamc like so:

spamc -f -d spamd -H -u someuser@somedomain.com

It sticks to the 216.220.112.2 entry.  Additionally, if I remove the "-H"
it also sticks with the first host, and the "auto failover" implied by
"-d" does not work; if I down spamd on the first host it never sends
anything to the second, it just passes the message on unaltered.
Specifying either host directly by name or IP results in a successful
scan, so I know both spamd's are functioning.

Before I stick this in Bugzilla, is there anything else I should look at?

spamd/spamc 2.63 on FreeBSD 4.8-p3, perl v5.6.1, gcc 2.95.4

Thanks,

Charles