Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr> on 2002/05/22 20:54:52 UTC

Error 1 at Apache::SSI compilation

Hi,

My attempt to install APACHE::ASP reported me
that several modules were lackin'. So I put them
successfully except one that is optional.

It's APACHE::SSI. I get error 1 (hope it's
not the end of the world !!!)
It reveals me an error at line29 of
/Apache-SSI-2.17/t/httpd.conf.

So I comment the line and re-issue, several times
with "make clean" between.
The big problem is that I run "make install" instead of
"make test"... So is that so bad ?

Thanks for helping me to have a stable installation.

bbsc,
ism

Re: Error 1 at Apache::SSI compilation

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Ismael Touama wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My attempt to install APACHE::ASP reported me
> that several modules were lackin'. So I put them
> successfully except one that is optional.
>
> It's APACHE::SSI. I get error 1 (hope it's
> not the end of the world !!!)
> It reveals me an error at line29 of
> /Apache-SSI-2.17/t/httpd.conf.
>
> So I comment the line and re-issue, several times
> with "make clean" between.
> The big problem is that I run "make install" instead of
> "make test"... So is that so bad ?

Apache::SSI often gives me errors for "make test" too,
I also just usually just "make install" as well.  As Apache::SSI
is optional, you will only need it if you are using the filter
functionality for SSI.

--Josh