Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Zohar <da...@hotmail.com> on 2008/03/04 09:32:21 UTC

cache size limit

Hello,
I use JCS to cache entries which hold file paths. The underlying files are
kept in the file system. Is there any way I can impose a size limit on the
cache's "real impact" on the file system? For example, is there a way to
assign a 'size' attribute to a CacheElement, so that this attribute is used
when calculating the cache's size, instead of the entry's size?

Thanks,
Zohar.

Re: cache size limit

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.
You could extend the memory cache, use an object key
that your extension understands, and do it yourself.
The cache is completely pluggable.  It would trivial
to do this.

Aaron