Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/08 16:41:02 UTC

M2 / avoiding to download latest from repositories....

Hi all,
 i was wondering how to avoid maven2 uploading latest jars from
repositories....
. question came after i was working on an hibernate/spring app last
weekend....
i read somewhere that someone has changed hibernate DTD last weekend, so i
changed my code accordingly, andthis morning when i ran my tests they broke
again.... so i had to re-fix my code again

is runnign mvn -o the only possibility?

How can i specify that i don't want to download the latest jar for a certain
dependency?

thanks in advance and regards
 Marco

Re: M2 / avoiding to download latest from repositories....

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
If you're working with a snapshot, then I only know of -o to suppress
the update. But there's probably a way to do it, perhaps by specifying
the complete snapshot version number and locking it down.

If they're releases, then you can lock down the version in your pom ie
<version>[1.2.3]</version> and it won't use any newer versions without
you changing the version number.

Wayne