Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Balázs Zsoldos <ba...@everit.biz> on 2012/05/08 12:25:10 UTC

Aries Transaction Manager and the javax.transaction package

Hi,

I would like to ask you if there is a special reason why the
javax.transaction package is inside the aries-transaction-manager jar. It
would be great to separate this package into another jar to let the
developer decide to use that or not.
Many dependencies simply has import-package to javax.transaction without
version information. In this case they use the JDK package which and
TransactionManager will not work properly.

Although there is only one class in the javax.resource package in the same
jar I think it would be useful to take it to a separate jar as well. The
reason is the same. I do not think it is healthy to have compatible
versions of the same API twice in the classpath although OSGI allows it.

Regards,
Balazs Zsoldos
Software Architect
Mobile: +36-70/594-92-34