Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by "gioacchinomauri@libero.it" <gi...@libero.it> on 2006/02/05 16:57:16 UTC

Using SSL: how to resolve deprecated methods

Hi all,
I'm using HTTPClient to connect to a servlet through https using a self signed certificate generated by keytool. I've used your example code "EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory" and "EasyX509TrustManager" and it works but there are many lines of code that is using deprecated methods.
Is there anyone that can help me to found an updated version of these source files ?

Thanks,
gioacchino mauri

Re: Using SSL: how to resolve deprecated methods

Posted by Julius Davies <ju...@cucbc.com>.
Hi, Gioacchino,

Fixing those deprecations would break EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory for
deployments using jsse.jar instead of Java 1.4 (or greater).

But since you asked, here are copies of the java files that don't
produce the warnings:

http://juliusdavies.ca/httpclient-contrib/

In particular:

http://juliusdavies.ca/httpclient-contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory.java
http://juliusdavies.ca/httpclient-contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/EasyX509TrustManager.java

yours,

Julius

On Sun, 2006-05-02 at 16:57 +0100, gioacchinomauri@libero.it wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using HTTPClient to connect to a servlet through https using a self signed certificate generated by keytool. I've used your example code "EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory" and "EasyX509TrustManager" and it works but there are many lines of code that is using deprecated methods.
> Is there anyone that can help me to found an updated version of these source files ?
>
> Thanks,
> gioacchino mauri

Julius Davies
Senior Application Developer, Technology Services
Credit Union Central of British Columbia
http://www.cucbc.com/
Tel: 604-730-6385
Cel: 604-868-7571
Fax: 604-737-5910