Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Prasanna.N" <pr...@indofuji.soft.net> on 2001/04/02 10:05:04 UTC

Namespace clarification

Hi,
I am using TOMCAT 3.2. I am trying to transform an xml
doc with XSL to generate a HTML. When i write a simple Java Class and use
xerces, xalan it works just fine. When written in JSP using JAVA, When i call
the page i am getting the following error

"Namespace not supported by SAX Parser".

I think Tomcat uses SAX Parser. How to come around this problem. I am using
namespaces. Is there any option, to plug in XERCES parser with TOMCAT, if so
how to do it. Since XERCES supports namespaces could this be a option to come
around this problem?  Please help.

Regards,
Prasan

Prasanna N
Indo-Fuji Information Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
No: 484, II Cross
25th Main, II Stage
BTM Layout, Bangalore 560 076.
Tel : 91-80-6784122/33/44/55

Re: Namespace clarification

Posted by Christian Seifert <cs...@yahoo.com>.
tomcat puts together the classpath dynamically and you
have no way of influencing the order it does so. so
the sax parser might me loaded before xerces.
one way to get around this is to edit the tomcat.bat
and change the dynamically setting of the classpath to
statically setting the classpath and taking care that
xerces.jar is at the beginning.
you might also want to check out the cocoon project as
this provides the functionality of what you are trying
to do. it also allows you to create XSP pages (hybrid
of JSP and XML)....the url is xml.apache.org.

hope this helps

christian