Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> on 2008/08/12 07:34:05 UTC

Testing for existence of header

<http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules>

Shows how to test for text associated with a header. How do I test if the
header is present at all? (Or not present?)

Re: Testing for existence of header

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Michael Scheidell wrote:
>> From: Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>
>> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:34:05 -0700
>> To: SpamAssassin Users List <us...@spamassassin.apache.org>
>> Subject: Testing for existence of header
>>
>> <http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules>
>>
>> Shows how to test for text associated with a header. How do I test if the
>> header is present at all? (Or not present?)
>>

> Look for examples in *.cf files.
>

> header DOESTHISEXIST exists:X-Spam-sign

Yep, that's the way to go. Just beware that Exists currently won't match
a truly empty header.

Currently, it's actually implemented as:

header DOESTHISEXIST X-Spam-sign ~= /./

Which requires at least one character to be present in the text part of
the header. 99.9999% of the time, that does what you need, and is
lightweight to implement.

Re: Testing for existence of header

Posted by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net>.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>|SECNAP Network Security
Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer

For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com