Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bhargava deepesh <to...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/20 18:25:58 UTC

How to use Apache and Tomcat combination? [Urgent]

Hi there,

I am new to this mailing list. I am using Apache
1.3.12 and JServ 1.1.2 combination for more than 6
months. Now I want to remove the JServ and use Tomcat
instead. I know tomcat can be used as independent web
server but I want Apache and Tomcat combination. What
canges do I require in the conf files to make it
happen.

Please help

Thanks
Deepesh

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Re: How to use Apache and Tomcat combination? [Urgent]

Posted by Tilo Thiele <Ti...@hamburg.de>.
Hi,

last week I also had to get my Apache JServ based
application to work under Tomcat 3.2.1

How to set up Apache+Tomcat at all is well described and
not very difficult.
But to bring an legacy servlet application to work under Tomcat
is a different thing.

I did the following:
* copied my jar in TOMCAT_HOME/lib
* added in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/servler.xml a RequestInterceptor
  with my own prefix:
        <RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.InvokerInterceptor"
            debug="0" prefix="/cust/" />
* deployed my stuff in the ROOT context (anything else didn't work
  because I was bound to a one level prefix and deploying it in
  an own context means an additional prefix level).
  Added in webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml:
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            custServlet