Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Norman Schöneich <sc...@ecooperate.de> on 2001/04/05 19:28:50 UTC

PortletControl ? and Exception ?

hi, i'm new in the great jetspeed community.
i hope that someone can help me to solve my problems.

i declared in the default.psml file a new portlet, but i dont want a title
for that portlet. i think that the portletControl is responsible for
rendering the portlet "decoration" and therefore i use the
ClearPortletControl. my default control in the JetspeedResource.properties
file is
"portletcontrol.default.classname=org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controls.TitleP
ortletControl". but i will not function. what is wrong ? if i define
in the property file as default ClearPortletControl everthing is ok - but
then as expected all portlets have no titles .
here is my

<portlets user="default" xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/jetspeed/2000/psml">
<portlets>  // my portlet
        <controller
name="org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controllers.SinglePortletController"/>
        <control
name="org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controls.ClearPortletControl"/> // why i
get a title
        <entry type="ref" parent="MyPortlet"/>
 </portlets>
 <portlets> //other portlets
  <controller
name="org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controllers.CardPortletController">
    <parameter name="parameter" value="pane"/>
  </controller>........................

another question:
i get the following initialization exception
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: File
"http://xml.apache.org/jetspeed/2000/jetspeed-config"
 not found.
it seems to be a problem with the above xmlns: can someone help me ?

Re: PortletControl ? and Exception ?

Posted by Stephan Hesmer <sh...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
This is the right way to add a special control to a portlet:

  <portlets>
      <controller
name="org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controllers.RowColumnPortletController"/>

      <entry type="ref" parent="Mozilla">
        <control name="org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controls.TitleControl"/>
        <parameter name="itemDisplayed" value="5"/>
      </entry>

As long as you don't specify a control the default control defined in the
JR.p is used.

Don't use the ClearPortletControl. This is just for the Customizer.

Stephan