Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by zigniew szalbot <zb...@szalbot.homeunix.com> on 2007/06/27 07:35:01 UTC

training SA

Hello,

I tried to learn SA and used the following syntax:

sa-learn --spam -f /usr/home/zbyszek/june.txt
archive-iterator: unable to open      Dear Valued Customer,: No such file
or directory

june.txt is a spam email message downloaded from squirrelmail for the
purpose of feeding to SA. I only got "unable to open message". And at the
end:
Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)

I guess I made a mistake with the syntax but how should I change it so
that I can train SA?

Thank you in advance!

Zbigniew Szalbot

Re: training SA

Posted by zigniew szalbot <zb...@szalbot.homeunix.com>.
Hi,

> I tried to learn SA and used the following syntax:
>
> sa-learn --spam -f /usr/home/zbyszek/june.txt
> I guess I made a mistake with the syntax but how should I change it so
> that I can train SA?

I already found out:
sa-learn --spam --no-sync /usr/home/zbyszek/june.txt

Sorry to have bothered!

Warm regards,

Zbigniew Szalbot

Re: training SA

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:35:01 +0200 (CEST), "zigniew szalbot"
<zb...@szalbot.homeunix.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I tried to learn SA and used the following syntax:
>
>sa-learn --spam -f /usr/home/zbyszek/june.txt
>archive-iterator: unable to open      Dear Valued Customer,: No such file
>or directory
>
>june.txt is a spam email message downloaded from squirrelmail for the
>purpose of feeding to SA. I only got "unable to open message". And at the
>end:
>Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)
>
>I guess I made a mistake with the syntax but how should I change it so
>that I can train SA?

Hi,

Have you double checked the path for typos?

Also, you may well need the -u switch. I use:

>sa-learn --spam -u sauser /downloads/spam && mv -f /downloads/spam/*.Mail /downloads/spam/fn

The last bit  && mv -f /downloads/spam/*.Mail /downloads/spam/fn is
just copying the file to a dir so I can track what's been trained and
is probably surplus to your requirements.

I have mine as a script so I just call ./ham or ./spam as required.

HTH

Nigel