Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/07/08 22:40:32 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 4.1.7 Beta

Tomcat 4.1.7 Beta has been released. It includes major bugfixes and
improvements over the previous Tomcat 4.1.3 Beta (please refer to the
release notes for the complete list).

Relese notes:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.7-beta/RELEASE-NOTES

Downloads (source and binaries):
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.7-beta/

Remy

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 4.1.7 Beta

Posted by peter lin <pe...@labs.gte.com>.
I didn't expect that kind of difference either, but I ran the tests
several times yesterday with the same results. I'm running the same
tests again today, but our LAN is on the fritz so I'm getting
inconsistent results. oh well.

thanks for the explanation on the relevant improvements in jdk1.4 which
contribute to the performance enhancement.

peter

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by peter lin <pe...@labs.gte.com>.
Some interesting performance results.  I found some time to test my
webapp a bit more with 4.1.7 and discovered a performance difference.

when I benchmark my webapp using 4.1.7 w/ jdk131 on solaris 8 I get an
average response time of 490ms, and a low number of 460ms.  when I swith
to jdk141, I see a 10-20% performance boost. the only thing different
between the two tests is the change in jdk. It's pretty dramatic
considering the fastest response time using jdk141 is 380ms.

my webapp uses jstl tags heavily.

peter

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 4.1.7 Beta

Posted by Henri Gomez <nr...@betaversion.org>.
RPM are currently in works, stay tuned :)