Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Roche, Conrad (Cognizant)" <Co...@cognizant.com> on 2004/05/21 17:07:38 UTC

setting border for a page for pdf output

Hi,

I need to provide a border to the pages in the pdf file.

I tried specifing it thus -

<fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="first-page">
      <fo:region-body margin="1in" border="thin silver ridge"
                                      padding="6pt"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>

But the output didn't contain any borders!

Trying the same on a block worked though.

Isn't page border supported? If it is, how do I specify a page border?

thanks
Conrad

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s
and may contain confidential and privileged information.If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying
of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.

 Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Re: setting border for a page for pdf output

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Roche, Conrad (Cognizant) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to provide a border to the pages in the pdf file.
>
> I tried specifing it thus -
>
> <fo:layout-master-set>
>     <fo:simple-page-master master-name="first-page">
>       <fo:region-body margin="1in" border="thin silver ridge"
>                                       padding="6pt"/>
>     </fo:simple-page-master>
>
> But the output didn't contain any borders!

The spec says borders are not valid on regions. See this thread from the archives:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=106392161016806&w=2

> Trying the same on a block worked though.

the border style "ridge" is not implemented in FOP. It probably fell back to
"solid"

<snip/>

Chris