Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2010/12/01 13:39:29 UTC

Re: "Error creating connection: sender is closed" when using Java client with C++ broker

On 11/30/2010 03:13 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I am running a test with Large messages up to 4MB with Java client and C++
> broker. After running the setup for about 3 hours, I am failing to send
> messages to Qpid C++ broker and getting following error,
>
>   javax.jms.JMSException: Error creating connection: sender is closed
>          at
> org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(AMQConnectionFactory.java:286)
>          at
> org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection(AMQConnectionFactory.java:333)
>          at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSOutTransportInfo.createJMSSender(JMSOutTransportInfo.java:353)
>          at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSSender.sendMessage(JMSSender.java:113)

Are there any errors in the broker's log? Are the messages sent as
persistent? If so it could be that a queues journal is filling up and
terminating the session, but that is pure speculation(!).

> I ran Qpid Java client with default set up and C++ broker with following
> configuration
>
> auth=no
> default-queue-limit=0
> staging-threshold=100000000
> data-dir=/home/lahiru/client/jkh/jkh-deployment/qpidc-0.6/build/persistent
> config=/home/lahiru/client/jkh/jkh-deployment/qpidc-0.6/build/etc/qpidd.conf
>
> Do I need to do anything with configuration in either side (client or
> broker) to work in this kind of a scenario. Do I have to increase the
> timeout values in Java client side ?
>
> Other than this I am having another issue with Qpid C++ broker due to a
> memory leak, memory goes high upto 170MB and virtual memory is growing
> reasonably up to 650MB.

Have you ruled out some other explanation for the expanding memory
footprint? Try running qpid-stat -q to get a list of all the queue
depths to ensure there is no backing up anywhere.

> We found with valgrind there are memory leaks in C++
> broker.

I've responded regarding the valgrind report in another mail. It does
not I believe pose any real danger, nor does it explain the other issues.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org