Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2016/05/12 15:43:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] Planning for 0.9.1 Release

All -

I believe that we need to start collecting and/or filing the JIRAs that we
need for a 0.9.1 release. There were a handful of things in 0.9.0 that we
were aware of at release time that need to have quick follow up fixes.

Currently, we have the following three JIRAs:

   1. [image: Bug] KNOX-712
   submitPig does not allow multiple argument via arg()
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KNOX-712>
   2. [image: Bug] KNOX-711
   Global Rewrite Rules for a Topology are Problematic
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KNOX-711>
   3. [image: Bug] KNOX-705
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KNOX-705>Views in Ambari UI don't
   render when proxied by the AMBARIUI service
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KNOX-705>

I have a couple things in mind to file for the KnoxSSO default IDP form and
will file those shortly.
My feeling is that 0.9.1 should be a bug fix release and scoped as tightly
as possible.

New features should target 0.10.0.

I'd like to volunteer as release manager for 0.9.1 and propose a target
release date of 6/10th.

Thoughts?

--larry

Re: [DISCUSS] Planning for 0.9.1 Release

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
All -

Just an FYI - I committed the final outstanding patch last night for the
0.9.1 release and am in the process of building the first rc for testing.

I will send an email announcing its availability for testing and a VOTE
once it is staged and ready to go.

thanks,

--larry

Posted by larry mccay <la...@gmail.com>.

[...]