Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org> on 2005/03/22 13:21:45 UTC

Building the JCRSitetree from the Sandbox

Hi,

I tried to build the JCRSitetree from the Sandbox according to the
instructions in the README.txt. In the last step (ant import-sitetree in
jcrsitetree) I ended up with:

import-sitetree:
     [echo] Import Authoring and Live Sitetree from
../../branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/default
into
../../branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/repos/repo-sitetree
     [java] Could not find
org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.ImportSiteTree. Make sure you have
it in your classpath
     [java]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:166)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.run(Java.java:705)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.executeJava(Java.java:177)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.execute(Java.java:83)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1214)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1062)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:673)
     [java]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:188)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:196)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:55)

Any quick hints before I start tracking this down myself?

Regards,
Torsten

Re: Building the JCRSitetree from the Sandbox

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Torsten Schlabach wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> @Michi: Maybe you can share your thoughts with us what you intend to
>> prototype here.
>

> Yes, I'd also like to see some concepts/proposals.

it's really very simple, the sitetree will live within a JCR "attached"
repository, whereas the "authoring sitetree" lives within one workspace
and the "live sitetree" within another, but which are coupled to each other.

You might want to take a look at the JSR-170 spec re workspaces, etc.

http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/pfd/jsr170/index.html

There is a class called JCRSiteTree which will replace DefaultSiteTree.

Michi

> -- Andreas

Michael Wechner

Re: Building the JCRSitetree from the Sandbox

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

[...]

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Torsten Schlabach wrote:

> The question might sound a bit stupid, but:
>
> What's your 2 sentence summary of what the sitetree actually is and does?

I would consider it a one-directional categorization, which is being used
for the navigation framework.

The idea is to make it more generic and allow topic maps.

But currently it's just about fixing scalabilty and memory/sync issues.

HTH

Michi

Michael Wechner

Re: Building the JCRSitetree from the Sandbox

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org>.
The question might sound a bit stupid, but:

What's your 2 sentence summary of what the sitetree actually is and
does? I am not sure I got a good grasp of that yet.

Regards,
Torsten

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Josias Thoeny wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 14:39 +0100, Michael Wechner wrote:
>

>>Torsten Schlabach wrote:
>>

>>>The problem was that I tried to apply this to the trunk.
>>>For 1.2.x and with the lenya.source.dir property set correctly,
>>>this compiles fine.
>>>

>>ok, I have added a note to build.properties
>>

>>>But what is it supposed to do?
>>>

>>Replace the default sitetree implementation
>>

>Currently, the sitetree in Lenya is not only accessed by the SiteTree
>class, but also directly by the sitemap (reading the sitetree.xml).
>Are there any plans on how to handle this if you store the sitetree in
>the repository?
>Write a custom generator?

good point, yes I think we should replace it by a generator
using the SiteTree class.

Michi

>  Josias
>

>>>Is it supposed to work at all at this stage?
>>>

>>no ;-)
>>

>>>I was trying to access the default publication in Live view, but got a
>>>Null Pointer exception. And when trying to login as an editor, I get a
>>>message saying: "The document is not available in en, available
>>>languages are (empty)".
>>>
>>>Am I too early?
>>>

>>yes
>>

>>>@Michi: Maybe you can share your thoughts with us what you intend to
>>>prototype here.
>>>

>>use JCR/JSR-170 in order to replace the default sitetree implementation,
>>which
>>has major problems re scalability and synchronisation.
>>
>>Felix is currently helping me on this and I am currently trying to make
>>JAAS run. I guess it's really too early for actual usage, but I think
>>it's good
>>to share the code anyway.
>>
>>Michi
>>

>>>Regards,
>>>Torsten

Michael Wechner

Re: Building the JCRSitetree from the Sandbox

Posted by Josias Thoeny <jo...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Torsten Schlabach wrote:

> The problem was that I tried to apply this to the trunk.
> For 1.2.x and with the lenya.source.dir property set correctly,
> this compiles fine.

ok, I have added a note to build.properties

> But what is it supposed to do?

Replace the default sitetree implementation

> Is it supposed to work at all at this stage?

no ;-)

> I was trying to access the default publication in Live view, but got a
> Null Pointer exception. And when trying to login as an editor, I get a
> message saying: "The document is not available in en, available
> languages are (empty)".
>
> Am I too early?

yes

> @Michi: Maybe you can share your thoughts with us what you intend to
> prototype here.

use JCR/JSR-170 in order to replace the default sitetree implementation,
which
has major problems re scalability and synchronisation.

Felix is currently helping me on this and I am currently trying to make
JAAS run. I guess it's really too early for actual usage, but I think
it's good
to share the code anyway.

Michi

> Regards,
> Torsten
>
> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>

>> Torsten Schlabach wrote:
>>

>>> Any quick hints before I start tracking this down myself?
>>>

>> what version of Ant are you using?
>>
>> Michi
>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Torsten

Michael Wechner

Re: Building the JCRSitetree from the Sandbox

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org>.
> what version of Ant are you using?
>
> Michi

ant -version
Apache Ant version 1.6.2 compiled on September 28 2004

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Torsten Schlabach wrote:

>Any quick hints before I start tracking this down myself?

what version of Ant are you using?

Michi

>Regards,
>Torsten