Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastien Arbogast <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/22 21:09:52 UTC

[PlanetCocoon] Categorization, taxonomy, folksonomy... what for ?

Hi everybody,

I just published a new entry in my blog on PlanetCocoon as a reaction
to Clay Shirky's article and how we can apply all those technologies
together inside PlanetCocoon to make it a useful platform for all of
you.
In parallel we are in the process of defining clearer navigation paths
on the site with better menus and I'm working on the definition of the
workflow process ; there will be a proposal for that soon.
By the way, if you want to keep in touch with that and everything we
do on PlanetCocoon, either by curiosity or because you want to
participate in our effort by giving us feedback about our proposals
for example, feel free to use this feed in your RSS reader :
http://www.planetcocoon.com/node/feed

If you don't know how to use RSS, there is this excellent article on
CNet (http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10088_7-5143656.html) and plenty of
good RSS readers out there, including Firefox through dynamic
bookmarks. By the way I just made a video tutorial to test the last
free version of CamStudio and you can find it here :
http://www.epseelon.org/cocoon/newsfeeds.avi
It's completely useless if you already know how to use newsfeeds but
it's a demo of the kind of things we could achieve with video
tutorials on PlanetCocoon. FYI this file is only 6MB and it's DivX
encoded.

Cheers
@+++
--