Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by je...@bull.net on 2004/12/17 14:22:49 UTC

JNDI Context Problem

Hi,

I try to deploy jetspeed2 under JOnas which use Carol. The problem is that

[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl] ERROR:
Naming Exception while looking up DataSource (java:comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed)
ContextWrapper.ContextWrapper() failed: java.util.NoSuchElementException
javax.naming.NamingException: ContextWrapper.ContextWrapper() failed:
java.util.NoSuchElementException
        at
org.objectweb.carol.jndi.spi.ContextWrapper.<init>(ContextWrapper.java:103)
        at
org.objectweb.carol.jndi.spi.MultiOrbInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(MultiOrbInitialContextFactory.java:59)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:662)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:243)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:219)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:175)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConnectionFromDataSource(Unknown
 Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.lookupConnection(Unknown
 Source)

The datasource that I declared in Jonas is not found. I debugged Carol and
see the environnement for the JNDI CONTEXT when jetspeed is deploying:

{java.naming.provider.url=,
java.naming.factory.initial=org.objectweb.carol.jndi.spi.MultiOrbInitialContextFactory,
 java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.objectweb.jonas.naming:tyrex.naming}

-I don't understand why
"java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.objectweb.jonas.naming:tyrex.naming". I
fixed the jndiinternalcontext to false. So why Tyrex is use for the naming
factory ?

-The second thing is that the "java.naming.provider.url" should be like
"rmi://localhost:1099". So why is it empty?

-Where is defined the build of the jndi context when when want to use the
jndi connector of the application server(jonas) ?

If you want more precisions, don't hesitate...

thanks for your answers

Jabouille Jean Charles