Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Robert Liguori <my...@gliesian.com> on 2011/08/17 20:45:48 UTC

MyFaces chart components

How does MyFaces chart components compare to other JSF frameworks such as
Primefaces?

Also, how does Apache MyFaces compare to ICEfaces and Primefaces.

I need to lock in on a JSF framework in the next couple of days... and I
would like to stay with Apache MyFaces, if it makes sense to do so?

Also, what base component set should I use, MyFaces, Trinidad or Tobago?

Thanks!

Re: MyFaces chart components

Posted by Çağatay Çivici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> Also, what base component set should I use, MyFaces, Trinidad or Tobago?

MyFaces Core is the JSF Runtime, you can use MyFaces Core with any other JSF component suite like Ice, Prime, Trinidad, Tobago ...

Trinidad has charting components which if I'm not mistaken uses SVG. See demo at: http://example.irian.at/trinidad-components-showcase/component-demo/chart-Default

IceFaces has JFreeChart Integration so you'll get static charts generated by server side. You need to check IceFaces showcase.

PrimeFaces has HTML5 Canvas based charts and optional JFreeChart Integration. http://www.primefaces.org/showcase-labs/ui/chartsHome.jsf

So the choice depends on your requirements and use cases regarding charting.

Cheers,

On Aug 17, 2011, at 9:45 PM, Robert Liguori wrote:

> How does MyFaces chart components compare to other JSF frameworks such as
> Primefaces?
>
> Also, how does Apache MyFaces compare to ICEfaces and Primefaces.
>
> I need to lock in on a JSF framework in the next couple of days... and I
> would like to stay with Apache MyFaces, if it makes sense to do so?
>
> Also, what base component set should I use, MyFaces, Trinidad or Tobago?
>
> Thanks!

Çağatay Çivici
Principal Consultant
PrimeFaces Lead | JSF EG Member