Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Jordan Birdsell <jo...@statefarm.com> on 2016/02/25 14:11:10 UTC

Kudu and Kerberos

Hello,

I noticed that KUDU-427 is unresolved, however, we would like to begin testing Kudu on some of our dev clusters (which have Kerberos enabled).  May be a dumb question, but will we be prevented from using Kudu on a Kerberos enabled cluster since it does not yet support it?

Thanks!

Re: Kudu and Kerberos

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
You should certainly be able to use Kudu regardless of your Hadoop being
setup with Kerberos (Kudu does not rely on Hadoop's libraries or services,
so your Hadoop setup will not impact usage of Kudu in any manner).

The mentioned JIRA tracks adding support for Kerberos authentication into
Kudu server and clients, something that is missing today. It does not
indicate that you cannot use it on a host that has Kerberos configured on
it.