Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Jim Gallacher <ji...@jgassociates.ca> on 2006/05/20 20:41:40 UTC

pylint

I used pylint to assist in cleaning up the indentation mess in util.py.
I ended up checking all our lib/python/mod_python/*.py code, and
needless to say the results were.... edifying. The output is rather
extensive, with a lot noise regarding missing docstrings and the like,
but I suspect combing through the results might reveal some potential
gold... or perhaps the exact opposite of gold.

I think it would be good to adopt a policy of pylinting (probably not a
word, but I like how it sounds :) ) our code on a regular basis.

FYI, if you want to check mod_python.Session you'll need to comment out
"global rnd_iter" around line 73 in _get_generator(). The use of global
here exposes a known bug in pylint which causes it hit the maximum
recursion limit and barf. Just make sure you uncomment that line before
checking in the code. ;)

Jim