Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ke...@firstdatacorp.com on 2001/05/14 23:41:44 UTC

Newbie!

I just downloaded and installed 2.1 under my JRun Server and am having
problems.  When I create a simple class with no parameters and deploy
(returns "Hello World!") everything works fine.  When I try to deploy a
second method that takes a String parameter, it gives me the following
error when I try to invoke it....

    Fault = SOAP-ENV:Client, Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'xsd'.

Whenever I place this in the code I get the above error:

  params.addElement( new Parameter("p1", String.class, "Test", null));

Does anyone know what I is going on here??????

Ken Schwartz

How to get Apache SOAP 2.1 to work with JBoss/Tomcat 3.2.1 ?

Posted by Adam Lipscombe <ad...@cobar.demon.co.uk>.
Folks,

Apologies if this question has been asked before...

I have JBoss 2.2.1 bundled with Tomcat 3.2.1, and want to add Apache SOAP
2.1 (The JBoss ZOAP project appears  to be dead). I download the xerces XML
parser as recommended.

Apparently one must replace the Jboss crimson library with xerces, so I
copied the xerces.jar into the jboss bin directory and modified the start-up
script thus:

--------------
REM Added Xerces XML parser. A.L.
set JBOSS_CLASSPATH=%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%;xerces.jar;run.jar

REM Add all login modules for JAAS-based security
REM and all libraries that are used by them here
set JBOSS_CLASSPATH=%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%

REM Add the XML parser jars and set the JAXP factory names
REM Crimson parser JAXP setup(default)
REM set JBOSS_CLASSPATH=%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%;../lib/crimson.jar

REM set
JAXP=-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.Docu
mentBuilderFactoryImpl
REM set
JAXP=%JAXP% -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAX
ParserFactoryImpl

set
JAXP="-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.Docu
mentBuilderFactoryImpl -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerce
s.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

echo JBOSS_CLASSPATH=%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%
java %JAXP% -classpath "%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%" org.jboss.Main %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6
%7 %8 %9
----------------

When run, jboss gives the following error:

JBOSS_CLASSPATH=;c:\jdk1.3/lib/tools.jar;xerces.jar;run.jar
jboss.home = C:\JBoss-2.2.1_Tomcat-3.2.1\jboss
Using configuration "tomcat"
[Info] Java version: 1.3.0,Sun Microsystems Inc.
[Info] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.3.0-C,Sun Microsystems Inc.
[Info] System: Windows NT 4.0,x86
[Shutdown] Shutdown hook added
[Service Control] Registered with server
Exception in thread "main" [Default]
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
org/apache/xerces/jaxp/DocumentBuilder
FactoryImpl -Djavax/xml/parsers/SAXParserFactory=org/apache/xerces/jaxp/SAXP
arserFactoryImpl
[Default]       at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.
java:154)
[Default]       at org.jboss.Main.<init>(Main.java:192)
[Default]       at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:107)
[Default]       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
[Default]       at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:103)
[Default] Shutting down
[Service Control] Stopping 0 MBeans
[Service Control] Stopped 0 services
[Service Control] Destroying 0 MBeans
[Service Control] Destroyed 0 services
[Default] Shutdown complete
Press any key to continue . . .

Any ideas whats wrong?

Thanks in advance - Adam

How to get Apache SOAP 2.1 to work with JBoss/Tomcat 3.2.1 ?

Re: Newbie -- can't find method setDescription

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.
At 12:35 PM 5/15/2001 +0200, Lili Zhai wrote:
>hi all,
>i am using soap v2.1, tomcat v3.1.1, and xerces v1.2.1
>
>i try to start tomcat, but an exception comes:
>XmlMapper: Can't find method setDescription in Wrapper(rpcrouter null) CLASS cla
>ss org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper
>
>if you know what is the problem, pls tell me. thanks.

Well, if you look in the source, you'll see that
   org/apache/tomcat/core/ServletWrapper.java
doesn't define a setDescription method...on the other hand,
if you install Tomcat 3.2.1, you'll see that in that version,
it does. I guess an older version of soap worked well with
the older version of Tomcat, but now you need to upgrade?
(This one bit me, too.)

Tom Myers

Re: Newbie -- can't find method setDescription

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.

Newbie -- can't find method setDescription