Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/25 20:09:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release javaee-api 8.0-4

Hi

This is a vote for an updated Java EE spec jar, with one single change over
javaee-api:8.0-3, which is to use the Tomcat API libraries from 9.0.31 as
opposed to 9.0.22.

This is required to fix an issue in the TomEE builds
where javax.el.ExpressionFactory#getClassNameServices was returning the
first line of the ASF license header as opposed to a class name, and this
being released is a pre-requisite for any further TomEE releases.

*SVN TAG*
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/javaee-api/tags/javaee-api-8.0-4/

*Sources*
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachetomee-1162/content/org/apache/tomee/javaee-api/8.0-4/javaee-api-8.0-4-source-release.zip

*Binaries*
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachetomee-1162/content/org/apache/tomee/javaee-api/8.0-4/javaee-api-8.0-4.zip

please VOTE
[+1] all fine, ship it
[+0] don't care
[-1] stop, because ${reason}

The VOTE is open for 72h. Here's my +1.

Many thanks

Jon

Re: [VOTE] Release javaee-api 8.0-4

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Stéphane, for the review and the vote! I greatly appreciate it.

For everyone on the list... Please do feel free to vote. In fact, please
feel _encouraged_ to vote. The rules for release votes are that the vote
needs to run for at least 72 hours, and have 3 "binding" +1 votes. The
"binding" bit means from someone on the PMC. However, please don't let that
deter you from reviewing and voting - its easy to feel that "your vote
doesn't count". It definitely does count. Your review, and any questions
are really appreciated. We've had non-PMC folks find issues in releases in
past that others missed, and their non-binding -1 and explanation enabled
the release to be fixed. If you're looking for ways to participate in the
project, reviews and feedback are great ways to start. If you're unsure on
how to review a VOTE, please do ask - but here are my general guidelines:

* Check that the software works - download the .jar file, drop it in TomEE
running your application and see if there are errors. If anything looks
wrong, please do report it.
* Checkout the tag and run the build and the tests? Does the tag look
correct? Does the build run without errors?
* Run a source header check for the licence using Apache RAT. Are any
source files missing the ASF header?
* Finally (and this is the important part), there is a legal aspect to
reviewing releases. We need to ensure that the LICENCE and NOTICE files
have the correct text, and attribute 3rd party library usage correctly.
This is documented here: http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html and
worth a look.

Thank you again for the votes and reviews.

Jon

Posted by Stéphane Kay <St...@abraxas.ch.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
ETA is soon. The question is whether we handle jpms right now.
Do we at all?
And how do we cope with it for our aggregator spec jar?

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by Daniel Dias Dos Santos <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi + 1 :

thanks :  )
--

*Daniel Dias dos Santos*
Java Developer

RE: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release javaee-api 8.0-4

Posted by Stéphane Kay <St...@abraxas.ch.INVALID>.
What is the next step before voting for the TomEE 8.0.2 release?

BR

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi All

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
whoops, missed my

+1

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release javaee-api 8.0-4

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Cesar... but you already voted ;-)

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 14:50 David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>

> --
> David Blevins
> http://twitter.com/dblevins
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
> > On Feb 25, 2020, at 12:09 PM, Jonathan Gallimore <
> jonathan.gallimore@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > This is a vote for an updated Java EE spec jar, with one single change
> over
> > javaee-api:8.0-3, which is to use the Tomcat API libraries from 9.0.31 as
> > opposed to 9.0.22.
> >
> > This is required to fix an issue in the TomEE builds
> > where javax.el.ExpressionFactory#getClassNameServices was returning the
> > first line of the ASF license header as opposed to a class name, and this
> > being released is a pre-requisite for any further TomEE releases.
> >
> > *SVN TAG*
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/javaee-api/tags/javaee-api-8.0-4/
> >
> > *Sources*
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachetomee-1162/content/org/apache/tomee/javaee-api/8.0-4/javaee-api-8.0-4-source-release.zip
> >
> > *Binaries*
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachetomee-1162/content/org/apache/tomee/javaee-api/8.0-4/javaee-api-8.0-4.zip
> >
> > please VOTE
> > [+1] all fine, ship it
> > [+0] don't care
> > [-1] stop, because ${reason}
> >
> > The VOTE is open for 72h. Here's my +1.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Jon
>
> --
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: [VOTE] Release javaee-api 8.0-4

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1 thanks, Jonathan!

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: [VOTE] Release javaee-api 8.0-4

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Bump - please vote on this. Further builds where Tomcat is upgraded will
likely fail without this change, so we do need to move this release forward.

Thanks

Jon

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 8:09 PM Jonathan Gallimore <