Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by roshan joseph <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/27 20:12:46 UTC

OSGi service with SDO

    Hello,
   I am trying to work on a prototype to use osgi service with a java sca service using SDO datatypes. I had no problem with the datatypes like String, but when I changed the dataype to SDO based it does not work, as the bundle cannot understand the SDO data, which is passed as arguments for osgi service call. Can someone suggest what am I missing here?

  If anyone has encountered or tried this, please comment on the experience.

  Thanks for any info in advance..

  Regards
  Roshan

Important notice:This e-mail and any attachment thereto contains corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your system.
Thank You.

---------------------------------

Re: OSGi service with SDO

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Roshan,

The classes corresponding to the SDO datatype should be imported by (or
contained in) the bundle implementing the OSGi service. And if you are using
the default SCA binding, the Java service and the OSGi service should be
using the same classes for the SDO datatypes. Which means that the Java
service should be defined inside a bundle contribution (a jar file
containing OSGi manifest headers). Does this help?

--
Thank you...

Regards,

Rajini