Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch> on 2008/12/02 17:06:19 UTC

How can I modify existing roles or add new roles in continuum

Hello,

I'd like to configure a role that is identical to "Project User", but with the additial permission for building a single project or the whole group. I've copied the configuration in continuum-security-1.2.jar\META-INF\redback\redback.xml  to the WEB-INF/classes directory of the expanded continuum application in tomcat. The configuration seems to be read, but it isn't working the way I want it.

First, I've tried to a new template by copying the "Project User" template and added following permission :
           <permission>
              <id>continuum-build-group</id>
              <name>Continuum Build Group</name>
              <operation>continuum-build-group</operation>
              <resource>${resource}</resource>
            </permission>
When I restart tomcat, I can see this new role and attribute to a user by checking the checkboxes. But as soon I go back to the same screen, the boxes will be unchecked.

Second, I've tried to the permission above to the "Project User" template. But without success. The permission didn't change.

Anybody has a hint, how to add such a permission.

Thanks

Kuno