Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Kelvin Param <co...@yahoo.com> on 2000/01/09 16:33:26 UTC

Problems running Tomcat with Apache 1.3.9

Hello.

I finally managed to get Tomcat running with Apache
1.3.9. I'm running Tomcat and Apache on Redhat 6.1
(Intel), and I am using the Blackdown JDK1.2.2RC3.

Turns out that I have to run
./usr/local/build/tomcat/startup.sh in order
for Tomcat to work with Apache.

Is this normal? If it isn't, what should I be doing?

I've followed all the instructions in the
Tomcat+Apache-HOWTO but could not
get Tomcat working with Apache until I stumbled on
this work-around.

Regards.

Kelvin

p.s. My apologies if I am posting to the wrong
address. Should I be posting to
tomcat-dev-info@jakarta.apache.org instead?

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Problems running Tomcat with Apache 1.3.9

Posted by Seth Ladd <sh...@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>.
> I've followed all the instructions in the
> Tomcat+Apache-HOWTO but could not
> get Tomcat working with Apache until I stumbled on
> this work-around.

You might have an old version of the HOWTO.  This tip is now in it.
Sorry for the confusion.

Seth

Run multiple instance of tomcat

Posted by Xiaomin Dong <xd...@att.com>.
Hello,

I want to have multiple tomcat instance running.
But I get the following error.
(I used port 8080 and 8090 for different instances)

Any hints?

Thanks
Xiaomin Dong

# ps -ef | grep tomcat
 tsphost 11058     1  0 15:44:08 pts/1    0:29 /bin/../java/bin/../bin/sparc/native_threads/java org.apache.tomcat.shell.Start
    root 11130 10989  0 15:54:33 pts/0    0:00 grep tomcat
#
# ./startup.sh
Using classpath: ./classes:./webserver.jar:./lib/servlet.jar:./lib/jasper.jar:./lib/xml.jar:/usr/bin/../lib/tools.jar
# Tomcat Web Server Version 3.0
Loaded configuration from: file:/export/home2/tsphost/build/tomcat/server.xml
Configuring web service using "default"
Configuring web service using "file:/export/home2/tsphost/build/tomcat/webpages/WEB-INF/web.xml"
default: init
jsp: init
Configuring web service using "default"
Configuring web service using "file:/export/home2/tsphost/build/tomcat/examples/WEB-INF/web.xml"
default: init
jsp: init
Starting tcp endpoint on 8080 with org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler
Problem creating server: http startup exception
org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServerException: Address already in use
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServerException.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServer.start(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.configure(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.main(Compiled Code)

Xiaomin Dong

Re: Problems running Tomcat with Apache 1.3.9

Posted by "Zacharias J. Beckman" <zb...@creativesun.com>.
Kelvin Param wrote:

> Turns out that I have to run
> ./usr/local/build/tomcat/startup.sh in order
>
> Is this normal? If it isn't, what should I be doing?

This is normal.
--
Zacharias J. Beckman - zbeckman@creativesun.com - (U.S.) 305-281-8701
Creative Sun Inc., Publishing for the Internet - http://www.creativesun.com

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that
knows neither victory nor defeat. -- Theodore Roosevelt