Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Hans München <ha...@gmx.net> on 2006/10/27 15:50:44 UTC

Problems with header rewrite

Hi,

hope someone can help me with the header rewrite.
I'm user FC6, SA 3.1.4 and Evolution as MUA.

My local.cf looks like that:

# SpamAssassin config file for version 3.x
# NOTE: NOT COMPATIBLE WITH VERSIONS 2.5 or 2.6
# See http://www.yrex.com/spam/spamconfig25.php for earlier versions
# Generated by http://www.yrex.com/spam/spamconfig.php (version 1.50)

# How many hits before a message is considered spam.
required_score           5.0

# Change the subject of suspected spam
rewrite_header subject         *****SPAM*****

# Encapsulate spam in an attachment (0=no, 1=yes, 2=safe)
report_safe             1

# Enable the Bayes system
use_bayes               1

# Enable Bayes auto-learning
bayes_auto_learn              1

# Enable or disable network checks
skip_rbl_checks         1
use_razor2              1
use_dcc                 1
use_pyzor               1

# Mail using languages used in these country codes will not be marked
# as being possibly spam in a foreign language.
ok_languages            all

# Mail using locales used in these country codes will not be marked
# as being possibly spam in a foreign language.
ok_locales              all

chmod is 644.

But  when  I send me an GTUBE mail, the header don't will be rewritten
and also he subject don't will be changed.

Does someone has any idea, why the header will be not changed?

P.S. Sorry for my maybe badly english.

--
Greetings out of Munich
Hans

Re: Problems with header rewrite

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Hans München wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hope someone can help me with the header rewrite.
> I'm user FC6, SA 3.1.4 and Evolution as MUA.
>
> My local.cf looks like that:

<snip>
> chmod is 644.
>
> But  when  I send me an GTUBE mail, the header don't will be rewritten
> and also he subject don't will be changed.
>
> Does someone has any idea, why the header will be not changed?

Where have you integrated SA into your mail processing? It sounds like
SA isn't even being called.

Did you configure Evolution to feed the mail to SA?

SA isn't actually called when you just install it, you have to
explicitly configure something to call it. There's dozens of different
ways to do this, so this can't just happen automatically when you
install. The installer wouldn't know where you wanted SA inserted :)

Here's one web article showing how to get evolution to pipe mail into SA:

http://www.atlantawebhost.com/articles/evolution_spamassassin.php

(note: I don't use Evolution, so I can't attest to the accuracy.
However, this looks correct)