Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2004/04/27 05:52:44 UTC

Re: Is it possible to dynamically change depends value of target ?

At 06:40 PM 4/26/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi
>I am wondering if anything like this is at all possible in ant
>

><target name="co-all"   depends="${checkoutModule}">
>                 <echo message="***All Modules Checked out!! in co all
>${checkoutModule}***"/>
>         </target>
>

>Intention is dynamically to determine the depends value to execute certain
>targets .

"depends" doesn't expand properties.  I bet if you had a target such as the
following it would work...

<target name="${checkoutModule}"/>

However, that misses the point.  What you want is this...

<target name="co-all">
    <callToCustomCheckoutMacrodef module="${checkoutModule}"/>
</target>

You could also use Ant-contrib's <for> task which wraps macrodef to provide
iteration without incurring <antcall>'s performance hit.

Jake