Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by rhudumula <rh...@salesforce.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/18 18:41:59 UTC

Direct memory in Qpid 7.0.7

Hi Team,

I would like to understand a few things around direct-memory in Qpid 7.0.7
1) What is direct memory used for? only message-payloads and headers? I read
connection data is also held here (ref:
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Java-broker-OOM-due-to-DirectMemory-tc7662358.html#a7662372)

2) Our typical message-size is 500bytes. Heap and direct memory allocations
are 36GB and 13GB respectively. Do you see any problem here? We have around
120 connections with 20 sessions per connection on a Qpid broker.

3) Is there a doc that helps us understand design of the direct-memory
usage? Our heap usage is hitting 100% while the direct-memory usage is under
2%. This is mostly around the creation of new connections/sessions from a
new set of servers.

Thanks,
Rajashekar

Re: Direct memory in Qpid 7.0.7

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rajashekar,
Please check Qpid Broker-J documentation how memory is used
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-broker-j-8.0.4/book/Java-Broker-Runtime-Memory.html#Java-Broker-Runtime-Memory

Kind Regards,
Alex