Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com> on 2010/06/09 19:24:03 UTC

About content management

Hi again,

Since I work with the jetspeed portal I've seen a lot of progress out
there.

I realized that it has it's own content management applications inside
the jetspeed admin tools. Though they are not good enough to be used in
the day to day work. I use to create and remove pages by hand.

I question myself if the CMS part is needed in this project.

I know OneHippo has it's own implementation based on jackrabbit (I
think). But I suppose that doing this in jetspeed will be a lot of work.
So...

What do you think about dropping this part and focus efforts in
enhancing what's working right now. Maybe it can be regained a little
bit later with new tools and options like semantic web, lucene and
jackrabbit, maybe others... Don't know just guessing...

...And I have to say that current implementation is deleting my pages...

It just empty some files so no content inside. This happens from time to
time...

Thank you guys.

Re: Deleting Pages - was Re: About content management

Posted by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com>.
Hi Randy,

I'm using the file xml implementation.

I've no concurrent writers since normally I'm the only user when this
happens.

I think that something like this happens (but I'm not able to verify):

        I change page configuration.
        It seems to hold changes on memory.
        Something wrong happens in the middle. Maybe permissions dropped
        or something else weird.
        The program writes the page that was in memory, but because the
        error, the page is empty.

I have to check this more deeply because I had not much time to debug.
Give me some days to check this out.

But I will take some time more because the problem I reported about lost
sessions. I will put this problem
in another thread to not mix things...

Logs says nothing but I will check.

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Gonzalo,

Re: About content management [ERROR Report]

Posted by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com>.
El mar, 22-06-2010 a las 17:34 -0700, David Sean Taylor escribió:
> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:10 AM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
> <ga...@aguilardelgado.com> wrote:
> > Yes but it seems to be worse...
> >
> > As I can see even the files distributed with jetspeed can be zeroed...
> >
> > I mean, I found that default-page.psml that comes with jetspeed was the
> > last error for me
> > but may happen in any other.
> >
> > I started a little test to see if I'm able to create a storage backend
> > based on jackrabbit.
> >
> > But as I'm novell in both projects It will take me a while to have a
> > solution.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > PS: It's necessary that others confirms this problem. Try creating and
> > deleting spaces, pages and
> > portlets inside pages.
>
> Woonsan, myself and a QA engineer tested quite a lot for the 2.2.1
> release including unit tests (see TestPageLayoutService.java) for the
> REST APIs used by Jetui. I am not questioning your errors, but Im just
> saying we didn't come across those kind of errors. Please create a
> JIRA issue with clear instructions of how we can reproduce the errors
> and we will try to get it fixed

Hi David,

I'm trying to find the problem and how to reproduce. Not always happens.
I cloned the repository
to another workspace to see if I can find a testcase. As soon as I have
something to say I will
open a JIRA issue.

For now maybe you can ignore this.

Let me work on this a little bit to find more clues.

Tnx.

Re: About content management [ERROR Report]

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
Hi Gonzalo,

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:10 AM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
<ga...@aguilardelgado.com> wrote:
> Yes but it seems to be worse...
>
> As I can see even the files distributed with jetspeed can be zeroed...
>
> I mean, I found that default-page.psml that comes with jetspeed was the
> last error for me
> but may happen in any other.
>
> I started a little test to see if I'm able to create a storage backend
> based on jackrabbit.
>
> But as I'm novell in both projects It will take me a while to have a
> solution.
>
> Thank you.
>
> PS: It's necessary that others confirms this problem. Try creating and
> deleting spaces, pages and
> portlets inside pages.

Woonsan, myself and a QA engineer tested quite a lot for the 2.2.1
release including unit tests (see TestPageLayoutService.java) for the
REST APIs used by Jetui. I am not questioning your errors, but Im just
saying we didn't come across those kind of errors. Please create a
JIRA issue with clear instructions of how we can reproduce the errors
and we will try to get it fixed

Thanks

Re: About content management [ERROR Report]

Posted by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com>.
Yes but it seems to be worse...

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.

Posted by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com>.
This is what I find when it fails:

This normally means that pages/default-page.psml will be emptied...

And this happens a lot of times when playing with pages.

--------

[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.
org.apache.jetspeed.page.PageNotFoundException: Could not unmarshal the
file /home/gad/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/webapps/crm/WEB-INF/pages/default-page.psml
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.page.document.psml.CastorFileSystemDocumentHandler.unmarshallDocument(CastorFileSystemDocumentHandler.java:571)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.page.document.psml.CastorFileSystemDocumentHandler.getDocument(CastorFileSystemDocumentHandler.java:685)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.page.document.psml.CastorFileSystemDocumentHandler.refresh(CastorFileSystemDocumentHandler.java:739)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.cache.file.FileCache
$1.notifyElementChanged(FileCache.java:209)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.cache.impl.EhCacheImpl
$1.notifyElementUpdated(EhCacheImpl.java:146)
	at
net.sf.ehcache.event.RegisteredEventListeners.notifyElementUpdated(RegisteredEventListeners.java:114)
	at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.put(Cache.java:864)
	at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.put(Cache.java:796)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.cache.impl.EhCacheImpl.put(EhCacheImpl.java:74)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.cache.file.FileCache
$FileCacheScanner.run(FileCache.java:348)
Caused by: Premature end of file.
	at
org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.convertSAXExceptionToMarshalException(Unmarshaller.java:775)
	at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:672)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.page.document.psml.CastorFileSystemDocumentHandler.unmarshallDocument(CastorFileSystemDocumentHandler.java:424)
	... 9 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.page.document.psml.CastorFileSystemDocumentHandler
$2.start(CastorFileSystemDocumentHandler.java:542)
	at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:669)
	... 10 more

Posted by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
> Don't think we talk about the same thing. I'm talking about the portlets
> that create pages inside the j2-admin project.

Yes, I was confused, sorry.

> that create pages inside the j2-admin project.
> They work but are not the best in the world by far.
> I really can't manage the site with this portlets. Also the treeview
> inside the pagemanager does not work too well.

Yes, the UI isn't perfect in the Site Manager administrative portlet.
With the Jetui interface, you can quickly create pages and folders
from the Page Navigator. Have you tried that?

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado

Posted by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.

see https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/applications/sandbox/content/trunk