Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 18:20:03 UTC

iBATIS for Java 2.3.0 Released!

iBATIS for Java version 2.3.0 is now available.

This release includes several bug fixes and enhancements. Additionally, this
release offers new support for local caching of prepared statements. Caching
prepared statements can lead to significant performance improvements in many
environments.

The Java DAO framework has been deprecated and removed from iBATIS as of
release 2.3.0. We heartily recommend that you consider using the Spring
Framework <http://www.springframework.org/> for all your DAO needs! Spring
offers great support for iBATIS.

The paginated list methods have been deprecated with this release. The
methods were confusing to many users and often misused. We suggest using
native database support for paging, or that you use the query methods with
skip and max settings.
Release 2.3.0 supercedes the 2.2.0 release which will remain at beta status
due to minor bugs. We recommend that all 2.2.0 users upgrade to version
2.3.0.

I expect that there will be a vote to promote 2.3.0 to General Availability
status in two weeks.

You can obtain the new release here:

http://ibatis.apache.org/javadownloads.cgi

Enjoy!

Jeff Butler

Re: iBATIS for Java 2.3.0 Released!

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
You might need to select a different mirror.  I know the files have been
propogated to some of the mirrors, but not all.

You could also use the backup mirrors at the end of the list.

Jeff Butler

Posted by Tom Duffey <td...@utilivisor.com>.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Nice job Jeff.

This also marks the first time someone else has done the full build and
deploy cycle of iBATIS.  This is a milestone that shows iBATIS is truly a
team effort (i.e. bus factor > 1 ;-)

Great job to the whole team on another successful release.

Cheers,
Clinton