Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Sachin Bochare <sa...@persistent.co.in> on 2010/04/18 09:15:18 UTC

Hive compiling issue

Hello,

I am trying to compile Hive code from trunk on ubuntu system with hadoop-0.20.0 version. It seems the code is trying to download packages from locations which don't exist anymore. Is there any workaround available?

For example, it is trying to download following jar files but these locations don't exist:

http://mirror.facebook.net/facebook/hive-deps/hadoop/core/commons-logging-1.0.4/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
http://archive.apache.org/dist/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
http://mirror.facebook.net/facebook/hive-deps/hadoop/core/log4j-1.2.15/log4j-1.2.15.jar

I downloaded the commons-logging-1.0.4.jar from other location and added its path to CLASSPATH. However it is still trying to download it. This looks similar to issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3368) but this bug has been fixed.

I am using this command "ant -d -Dhadoop.root=/root/sachin/hadoop-0.20.0/ -Dhadoop.version=0.20.0 package". I have attached the detailed debug log of ant.

I would greatly appreciate any help regarding this.

Other information:
The trunk code was taken from repository on 3-April-10.

Following environment variables are set:

export ANT_HOME=/root/sachin/apache-ant-1.7.1
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.16/jre/
export PATH=$PATH:$ANT_HOME/bin
export CLASSPATH=/root/sachin/ivy-2.1.0.jar:/root/.ant/cache/hadoop/core/sources/hadoop-0.20.0/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:/root/.ant/cache/hadoop/core/sources/hadoop-0.20.0/lib/:/root/.ant/cache/log4j-1.2.15.jar

Please let me know if any other information is required.

Regards,
Sachin

DISCLAIMER