Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ikonne, Ike" <Ik...@stercomm.com> on 2004/06/08 19:09:34 UTC

URL validation

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right forum to posse this question,
but I will go ahead and give it a try.

Here is my problem, I am looking for a way to syntactically valid
a given URL without having to actually creating an URL object.

Is there a piece of code out there that would enable me to do this
based on RFC 1738?  Any hints will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ike

RE: URL validation

Posted by SH Solutions <sh...@gmx.net>.
Hi

> Here is my problem, I am looking for a way to syntactically valid a given
URL without having to actually creating an URL object.

try {
  new URL( myUrl );
  return true;
} catch ( Throwable t ) {
  return false;
}

Why not creating it?
Javas young generation garbage collection should dispose this immediatly. So
problem here.

Regards,
  Steffen