Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Stylus Studio <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/21 23:39:57 UTC

[ANN] Tutorial: Transforming and Editing XSL

[Announce]Hey Everyone,

Stylus Studio has just released a new XSLT tutorial entitled: An
Introduction to XSLT. You can view this free online video tutorial
today at: http://www.stylusstudio.com/videos/xsltedit1/xsltedit1.html

This new video tutorial teaches the following topics:

* Using XSLT tools to create, edit & troubleshoot stylesheets
* Configuring and customizing the XSLT editor
* Using XSLT scenarios to save stylesheet development project configurations
* How to invoke XSLT processors including MSXML, System.XML, Xalan,
and Saxon
* Running an XSLT transformation and viewing the results
* Troubleshooting XSLT using backmapping
* Using syntax help and auto-completion for XSLT 1.0/2.0 and XPath 1.0/2.0
* Debugging XSLT stylesheets by inserting breakpoints
* Executing a stylesheet line by line with the XSL debugger
* Stepping into, over, and out of an XSLT template or function
* Watching XSLT variables, call-stack, and the state of the XSL processor
* Mapping XSLT to simplify XML mapping projects
* Generating code using a drag and drop XSLT interface
* Converting XML to HTML using the XSLT designer

Learn XSLT today by downloading a free trial of Stylus Studio 2006
today at: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_download.html

Sincerely,
The Stylus Studio Team
http://www.stylusstudio.com

Re: [ANN] Tutorial: Transforming and Editing XSL

Posted by Rutger Heijmerikx <ru...@checksum.org>.
On 4/22/06, John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk> wrote:

> On 21 Apr 2006, at 22:39, Stylus Studio wrote:
> [SPAM omitted]
>
> Do we have a policy on messages like this?
>
> Personally I'm annoyed by Stylus Studio posting these messages to all
> the XML related mailing lists they can find and I'm doubly annoyed
> that they use a gmaill address rather than one of their own.

Agreed, this kind of advertising is quite annoying.

Re: [ANN] Tutorial: Transforming and Editing XSL

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
On 21 Apr 2006, at 22:39, Stylus Studio wrote:
[SPAM omitted]

Do we have a policy on messages like this?

Personally I'm annoyed by Stylus Studio posting these messages to all
the XML related mailing lists they can find and I'm doubly annoyed
that they use a gmaill address rather than one of their own.

For some time I have been actively advising people not to use their
products (Oxygen seems to be a better product in all respects).

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
web http://www.wilson.co.uk
blog http://eek.ook.org