Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@wyona.com> on 2003/04/25 17:00:10 UTC

RE: devel versions of supporting software (was Re: lenya/wyona statusand cocoon/tomcat versions)

But could you or
someone else address whether lenya actually needs/uses any of the new
features of the devel versions of
<<

ant, -> xslt features. so yes
tomcat -> endorsed libs, better virtual host support
cocoon  -> scores of features. lenya will NOT run on older cocoons

or if that is
just what lenya is most tested on by developers?
<<

that is not an or, but an "and". with the large number of jdk versions,
servlet container, cocoon, platforms, we have to restrain ourselves.
talk about combinatorial explosions :)

hope this helps

-gregor

Re: devel versions of supporting software (was Re: lenya/wyona statusand cocoon/tomcat versions)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Markus Vaterlaus wrote:
> Hi Gregor, hi list,
>
> Am Freitag, 25.04.03 um 17:00 Uhr schrieb Gregor J. Rothfuss:
>

>> But could you or
>> someone else address whether lenya actually needs/uses any of the new
>> features of the devel versions of
>> <<
>>

>> ant, -> xslt features. so yes
>> tomcat -> endorsed libs, better virtual host support
>> cocoon  -> scores of features. lenya will NOT run on older cocoons
>>

>> or if that is
>> just what lenya is most tested on by developers?
>> <<
>>
>> that is not an or, but an "and". with the large number of jdk versions,
>> servlet container, cocoon, platforms, we have to restrain ourselves.
>> talk about combinatorial explosions :)
>>

> Even, if there is a almost infinite number of combinations are there any
> experiences on Lenya running on any other servlet container than tomcat?
> Just asking out of curiosity.

Well, Lenya should run on any servlet engine, where Cocoon is able to
run on:

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html

Michael

> Markus
>
>> hope this helps
>>
>> -gregor

Michael Wechner
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya

Re: devel versions of supporting software (was Re: lenya/wyona statusand cocoon/tomcat versions)

Posted by Markus Vaterlaus <mv...@mus.ch>.
Hi Gregor, hi list,