Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sh...@hyperion.com on 2002/07/17 17:07:50 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.x and JAXB

Hi,

I am trying to use JAXB 1.0 early-access with Tomcat 4.0.x Has anyone got
this to work? My trouble began with a strange "ClassNotFound" exception on
a class that was clearly there (javax.xml.bind.MarshallableRootElement") --
I could load other classes in the same jar but not that one. From there I
dug into the source code for the class loader (had a stack trace, what the
hell) and noticed that some package names are on the "not to load" list
(javax.xml.bind. is close but not one of them).
When I fiddled with the classpath used by catalina in the batch file I
started getting a "sealing violation" on catalina startup when I tried to
put the JAXB classes in the path.
So now I'm stuck, I can't believe that JAXB wouldn't work with Tomcat 4.0.x
and I'm hoping somebody will prove me wrong.

Any info is appreciated,
Shane Ruman       (shane_ruman@hyperion.com)