Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Hiroaki Kawai <ka...@apache.org> on 2008/06/06 07:30:17 UTC

Re: License headers in docs-build is old style

Takashi Sato <ta...@lans-tv.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 May 2008 10:57:43 +0200
> Andre Malo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:
> > As I understand it, as long as it has not changed essentially since then,
> > the headers are correct.
> Sorry, I didn't say the point.
> Each License Header in files under docs-build is old style one.
> License header text in documents was update on Jul 11 2006.
>
> Do we need update ones in docs-build?

It is required only when we're going to update the CONTENT.
So, I think we don't have to update the License header, Current header
is OK as the license was applied at that point.
And thank you for taking care about it, Mr. Sato. :-)

Re: License headers in docs-build is old style

Posted by Takashi Sato <ta...@lans-tv.com>.
Done. r666184.

Re: License headers in docs-build is old style

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Jun 9, 2008, at 7:41 AM, Takashi Sato wrote:
> Hum, so since build.sh, lib/DocUtil.pm, lib/metafile.pl, and lib/
> allmodules.pl were modified
> after Jul 11 2006 do we have to update Licence headers in them?

Please go ahead and update them, along with anything else that has the
old headers.  We don't have to wait until a change is made to the file.
There is no inherent value in the old headers -- we just haven't had
a *need* to fix them.  Fixing them is desired if you have the time.

Cheers,

....Roy

Re: License headers in docs-build is old style

Posted by Takashi Sato <ta...@lans-tv.com>.
André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> wrote:

> As I understand it, as long as it has not changed essentially since then,
> the headers are correct.