Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by T P D <li...@diffenbach.org> on 2011/07/29 06:54:28 UTC

Ajax broken in IE 8

Wicket 1.4.9's Ajax doesn't work in Internet Explorer; in particular,
AjaxFallbackButtons fall back to non-Ajax POSTs, and the Wicket Debug
"window" is never seen.

In 1.4.17, Ajax is still broken, but the fallback never happens, because
Ajax sort-of works: the the Wicket Debug "window" doe show up, and when
the AjaxFallbackButton is clicked, a attempt is made to to XMLHTTP, but
fails with "Automation server can't create object".

This looks like the same bug as reported in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3887 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1432. It's apparently fixed
in 1.5, but while bug 3887 is claimed to be fixed in 1.4.18, the latest
snapshot exhibits the same behavior as 1.4.17.

Re: Ajax broken in IE 8

Posted by T P D <li...@diffenbach.org>.
Yes,

I was wrong. It wasn't working on my machine (because I have Fiddler
installed?) but is working in general.

Sorry to have muddied the waters.

Re: Ajax broken in IE 8

Posted by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ajax broken in IE 8

Posted by T P D <li...@diffenbach.org>.

Re: Ajax broken in IE 8

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
1.4.17 is in use by many people and you're the only one having this problem.

1.5.x and 1.4.x are the same related to WICKET-3887.

AjaxLink/AjaxFallbackLink cannot do POST request unless you override
parts of them.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:54 AM, T P D <li...@diffenbach.org> wrote:
> Wicket 1.4.9's Ajax doesn't work in Internet Explorer; in particular,
> AjaxFallbackButtons fall back to non-Ajax POSTs, and the Wicket Debug
> "window" is never seen.
>
> In 1.4.17, Ajax is still broken, but the fallback never happens, because
> Ajax sort-of works: the the Wicket Debug "window" doe show up, and when the
> AjaxFallbackButton is clicked, a attempt is made to to XMLHTTP, but fails
> with "Automation server can't create object".
>
> This looks like the same bug as reported in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3887 and
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1432. It's apparently fixed in
> 1.5, but while bug 3887 is claimed to be fixed in 1.4.18, the latest
> snapshot exhibits the same behavior as 1.4.17.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com