Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Vladislav Rassokhin <vl...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/25 13:00:23 UTC

[compress] Is there any implementation of ArchiveInputStream for 7z archives?

Hi,
I see that 1.6 release have 7z support, but there no SevenZInputStream,
moreover files in org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.sevenz package
doesn't have any reference to 'ArchiveInputStream'.

Do you have plans to create SevenZInputStream?

Same question for ArchiveOutputStream

Regards,

Vladislav

Re: [compress] Is there any implementation of ArchiveInputStream for 7z archives?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-11-25, Vladislav Rassokhin wrote:

> Hi,
> I see that 1.6 release have 7z support, but there no SevenZInputStream,
> moreover files in org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.sevenz package
> doesn't have any reference to 'ArchiveInputStream'.

> Do you have plans to create SevenZInputStream?

> Same question for ArchiveOutputStream

You are correct, there are no stream implementations for them.  On
reason is that either implementation requires RandomAccessFile to work
so they cannot work for arbitrary files.

In a way it is a planned enhancement to have said Stream implementations
but there is no timeframe for it to happen.

Stefan