Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Gav <gm...@apache.org> on 2016/08/29 10:08:28 UTC

gstreamer

Hi All,

I have a successful build on our Ubuntu 14.04 in prelim
tests before we migrate. That's the good news.

As per subject; I could not get gstreamer to work so chose to
disable it to get on with the rest of the build.

I could not find a suitable ubuntu package to install is the issue.

Can someone enlighten me please so I can enable gstreamer
again.

Thanks

Gav...

Re: gstreamer

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 9:41 PM, Gav <gm...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 2:56 AM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 3:08 AM, Gav <gm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have a successful build on our Ubuntu 14.04 in prelim
>>> tests before we migrate. That's the good news.
>>>
>>> As per subject; I could not get gstreamer to work so chose to
>>> disable it to get on with the rest of the build.
>>>
>>> I could not find a suitable ubuntu package to install is the issue.
>>>
>>> Can someone enlighten me please so I can enable gstreamer
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Gav...
>>>

>> ​Maybe here?
>>
>> ​http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/libgstreamer0.10-0
>>

> Great, that works fine, gstreamer enabled again.
>
> btw I've been using system Java 7 1.7.0_111 and works fine, but do we
> want to keep using this? (I'd think so)

​Absolutely! And I was going to tell you we wanted to update to Java 1.7.
​

Re: gstreamer

Posted by Kay Schenk <ks...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:18 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Gav wrote:
>
>> "checking whether to build the GStreamer media backend... checking for
>> GSTREAMER... no
>> configure: error: requirements to build the GStreamer media backend not
>> met. Do not use --enable-gstreamer or install the missing packages
>>

> Hi Gavin, this won't help you with GStreamer since I checked and it is not
> immediately clear that it would help, but I suggest to use -and update if
> needed; we can of course create a wiki account for you- the following
> resources:
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guid
> e_AOO/Step_by_step
> a section for Ubuntu 14.04 with all needed packages.
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Build_Instructions
> Outdated, but still contain useful hints.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/build-scrip
> ts/4.1.2/unxlngix6/
> Our build scripts for 4.1.2. These configure options are for a release
> build, but ideally we want this to succeed on the buildbot. Languages can
> be left out (for example, the Windows buildbot only uses en and de) and the
> package formats can be reduced too, but these should be the reference
> options.
>
> And thanks a lot for this work. It won't help us with building releases,
> but it will make buildbot maintenance easier for both Infra and the project.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

​Gavin --

As I don't see any information in the wiki links Andrea provided directly
pertaining to gstreamer, can you give us an accounting of what IS installed
vis a vis gstreamer on this system? It could be that our configure script
needs some tweaking.​

​ We use PKG_CONFIG exclusively toe "find" packs on systems, and sometimes
that does not work for all installed packages.​

Kay Schenk
Apache OpenOffice

"Things work out best for those who make
 the best of the way things work out."
                                           -- John Wooden

Re: gstreamer

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: gstreamer

Posted by Gav <gm...@apache.org>.
erm I spoke too soon, that doesn't work either.

"checking whether to build the GStreamer media backend... checking for
GSTREAMER... no
configure: error: requirements to build the GStreamer media backend not
met. Do not use --enable-gstreamer or install the missing packages
"

Gav...

Re: gstreamer

Posted by Gav <gm...@apache.org>.